2020 OPEN CALL
Clamp Light Artist Studios & Gallery is NOW ACCEPTING exhibition applications for the upcoming 2020 exhibition season. This call welcomes entries for solo, group and curatorial projects from artists working in all mediums. Clamp Light encourages collaboration, alternative presentations, and installations. We ask artists to step out of their comfort zone and develop new concepts within their practice.
· August 31, 2019............................................ Deadline for all applications at 11:59 pm
· September 30, 2019....................................... Notification to all applicants.
· January 2020 - December 2020........... Exhibitions to be scheduled in these months.
LINK TO APPLICATION
1. Up to 10/15 images of 2-D and/or 3-D work, including up to 3 videos. If submitting videos, please send us links.
· Please label images accordingly:
1_LASTNAME_TITLE.jpg, 2_LASTNAME_TITLE.jpg, etc
· Please format images as JPEGS, and keep them under 2 MB per image
· Image list that contains: Title, year, medium, dimensions
2. CV (attach document, please do not cut and paste into body of email)
3. A short artist statement describing your artistic practice. We do not require an exhibition proposal for the application at this time. This should be typed and submitted in the application form.
4.. Payment for the application will be processed through Eventbrite. The cost of the application is $15 plus tax for 10 images, or $20 plus tax for 15 images. Please select the link that corresponds to your application and follow the steps to complete this payment:
· $15 plus tax option:
· $20 plus tax option:
OR you may submit your $15/$20 payment as cash or check to us directly via snail mail to the following address:
· Clamp Light Gallery (Open Call 2020), 1704 Blanco Rd, SA, TX 78212
(Please make checks payable to Clamp Light Artist Studios and Gallery)
Applications are reviewed and voted upon by our resident Clamp Light artists: Deliasofia Zacarias, Brittany Ham, Justin Korver, Alyssa Richards, Jose Villalobos, Sarah Castillo, Kallie Cheves, Nicole Poole, and Sarah Fox.
SALE AND LIABILITY AGREEMENT
Exhibiting artists will receive 70% of the sale price of any work sold during the exhibition. Clamp Light agrees to insure artwork while in its custody. Artists are responsible for transportation of work to and from the gallery. Artists must agree to help with installation (this can be negotiated for out of state artists).
Please feel free to email us before the deadline with any questions about applying!
About Clamp Light Artist Studios and Gallery
Established in 2009, Clamp Light Artist Studios and Gallery has been committed to supporting local contemporary artists in the South Texas area. Clamp Light functions as both a studio space for resident artists and a gallery space for monthly exhibitions. Our resident artists work in a variety of media including installation, sculpture, painting, photography, performance and new media.